So, you have created an artistic piece and wonder how you would be able to issue an NFT token from it to allow selling or trading it?
Some basic steps need to be followed
- Create a Cardano wallet
- Use stampd.io to create (mint) your NFT
1. Create a Cardano wallet
The simplest way is to install Yoroi
After installation in your browser, you may launch Yoroi.
Yoroi’s Cardano wallet set up process will require that you write down and store safely a secret comprised of a series of simple words in English in order to ensure that you will be able to access your wallet in the future.
When the set up process is complete you need to go to the “Receive” tab and copy your Cardano address
You are now set up to send and receive assets in Cardano.
2. Use stampd.io to create your NFT
Follow the process as indicated by the app
- Paste the address you copied from your Cardano wallet in Yoroi
- Upload the image file representing your art
- Define the metadata that will accompany your art (filename, title, description)
- Proceed with the payment to stampd.io
As soon as you complete the process the following will take place
(a) You will receive the NFT in your Cardano wallet. You may easily check this in your Cardano wallet through Yoroi.
(b) You will receive a PDF certificate with the relevant Cardano blockchain transaction details at the email corresponding to your paypal account.
Congrats! You are the owner of the token that represents your artistic piece.
But now what?
There seem to be various options:
- You keep the art in your personal collection. Having established the ownership through the token, you are free to share your art on the internet.
- In case you make an agreement to sell your art you may transfer it through Yoroi to the Cardano wallet address of the buyer. The buyer can compensate you either with crypto or fiat.
- You may publish your art and promote for sale in one of the Cardano NFT marketplaces or other platforms (Lovelace.io, reddit/r/CardanoNFTs etc)